Canon SX420IS Powershot Digital Camera, Black (EOL)
Free Shipping & Returns: On all orders over $50
Canon SX420IS Powershot Digital Camera, Black
Blending a truly long-reaching zoom with apt imaging performance, the black Canon PowerShot SX420 IS Digital Camera is further characterized by its versatility and ergonomic handling. The 20.0MP 1/2.3" CCD image sensor pairs with the DIGIC 4+ image processor to enable high-resolution stills shooting and HD 720p video recording at 25 fps, while the expansive 42x optical zoom lens ranges from wide-angle to super telephoto perspectives to suit working in a variety of environments. An Intelligent IS image stabilization system benefits the lens' reach, as well as when working in difficult lighting conditions, by minimizing the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery. For composing imagery or reviewing your photos and movies, a rear 3.0" 230k-dot LCD is available and built-in Wi-Fi with NFC further permits wireless sharing of imagery directly to your smartphone or tablet.
- Normal IS corrects for a wide range of common camera movements.
- Panning IS detects deliberate panning movements and does not compensate for lateral movements to permit desired camera movements.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS corrects for shift-type camera shake that commonly occurs when working with close-up subject matter.
- Tripod is a dedicated setting that automatically deactivates IS when the use of a tripod is detected since camera-based stabilization is not needed.
- Dynamic IS is well-suited to recording at wide-angle focal lengths and reduces unwanted shaking that typically occurs when walking while recording.
- Powered IS compensates for hand movements that become more visually discernible when working at the telephoto end of the zoom range.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS minimizes the appearance of shake when walking as well as compensates for shift-type shake that occurs when working with close-up subject matter.
- Active Tripod IS minimizes the slight amount of shake that can happen when recording video while using a tripod.