- 3 x 1/2.8″ CMOS Sensors
- XAVC-S, AVCHD 2.0, DV Codecs
- Integrated Wide Angle 20x G-Lens
- 3G/HD/SD-SDI & HDMI Output
- Dual XLR Inputs
- Built-In LED Dimmable Light
- Slow & Quick Motion
- Memory Stick PRO Duo & SDXC/SDHC Cards
Extending the NXCAM line of solid-state camcorders, Sony's HXR-NX5R offers improved network functionality over previous cameras in the line, and it allows you to select from XAVC-S 50 Mb/s to AVCHD/DV recording. Suitable for documentaries, corporate, weddings, events, nature, sports, and journalism, the NX5R shoots at NTSC broadcast frame rates from 59.94 to 23.98. The built-in Wi-Fi and FTP wireless connections enable you to send footage to your editor from the camera while on location, instead of having to send the media cards to the editor. The legacy codec support allows you to shoot and subsequently edit your footage into older projects shot on AVCHD or even DV formats. However, just because the NX5R supports older codecs doesn't make it any less capable. It incorporates a 3G-SDI output that supports Full HD 1920 x 1080p video at 59.94 fps, as well as 1080i, 720p, and the previously mentioned 720 x 480i.
Three 1/2.8" CMOS Exmor sensors and a 20x optical zoom Sony G lens with 40x Clear Image Zoom provide sharp and clear images. And if you need more illumination there is a built-in LED light above the lens. Professional audio is not forgotten with two XLR inputs that support Line, mic, and mic 48 (phantom power). The Slow & Quick Motion function enables 1080p recording at selectable frame rates. The camera features two media card slots that support recording on Memory Stick PRO Duo or SDHC/SDXC media cards.
- Built-In LED Light
- Mounted above the lens and just below the built-in mic, the LED light features a roughly 90° beam angle, outputting a color temperature of about 5500K. It has an integrated dimmer and includes a snap-on diffuser to soften the output.
- Wi-Fi and FTP
- Built-in Wi-Fi, NFC, and FTP allow you to send your footage to your editor while you are still shooting, so post-production doesn't have to wait on the data cards being sent from the shoot.
- XAVC S
- The NX5R can record 1920 x 1080p footage at 59.94 fps using the XAVC S codec.
- AVCHD Format
- The AVCHD format utilizes the MPEG-4, AVC/H.264 video codec, allowing users to record HD video footage onto random access media, such as Memory Stick PRO Duo and SDHC memory cards. The NX5R supports AVCHD and AVCHD 2.0
- G Lens
- "G Lens", the lens featured in other successful Sony camcorders, already enjoys an excellent industry reputation. In the HXR-NX5R, this sophisticated lens is optimized to complement the camcorder's advanced image sensor and image processing technology.
- Built-In ND filters
- The HXR-NX5R is equipped with three built-in ND (Neutral Density) filters—1/4, 1/16, 1/64—which help vary the depth of field with iris control.
- Relay Record with Dual Memory Slots
- Another new feature is continuous recording between two memory card slots. The new HXR-NX5R camcorder automatically cycles between the dual memory slots. When using two 32GB memory cards, six hours of continuous HD footage can be recorded.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.