Sony PXWFX9 Xdcam 6K Full-Frame Camera System, Body Only
- 6K Full-Frame Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- 15 Stops of Dynamic Range, Dynamic HDR
- DCI 4K and UHD 4K up to 59.94p
- HD Recording up to 150/180 fps
- Sony E-Mount
- 10-Bit 4:2:2 XAVC-I up to 600 Mb/s
- Auto-HD, AF, 7-Stop ND Filter, 3D LUTs
- Dual Base ISO up to 102,400, HLG Mode
- Dual XQD Card Slots, 2K Imager Scan Mode
- 12G/6G/3G-SDI & HDMI Output up to 4K
Whether you're shooting documentaries, events, reality TV, education, or corporate productions, the PXW-FX9 XDCAM 6K Full-Frame Camera System from Sony has you covered with its powerful and flexible 4K interchangeable lens camera system. The PXW-FX9 features a full-frame, oversampled 6K Exmor R CMOS sensor that allows you to capture 4K images with cinematic depth of field. The camera's E-mount is machined from stainless steel and allows you to use E-mount lenses.
The PXW-FX9 input and output features include 12G/6G-SDI and HDMI outputs for 4K video, a 3G-SDI output for HD, and genlock and timecode when using a multicamera setup. The Fast Hybrid AF autofocus system allows for accurate focus and even allows facial detection to automatically detect human form with 561 points of detection. Advanced image stabilization is achieved using the PXW-FX9's internal gyroscope for shots so smooth it'll look like you used a gimbal. Its 4-channel audio recording allows you to use external microphones and record ambient sound with the internal mics simultaneously.
The camera features a 15-stop dynamic range, supports dynamic HDR, hybrid log gamma mode (HLG), and records 10-bit 4:2:2 to dual XQD media card slots that support simultaneous and relay recording, as well as multiple backup recording modes that utilize proxy files. The camera can record UHD (3840 x 2160) and HD (1920 x 1080) internally at a selectable frame rate from 1 fps up to 60 fps in XAVC-I, XAVC-Long, and MPEG HD formats. Its 7-stop electronic variable ND filter can perform in auto or manual mode, smoothly adjusting from 1/4 to 1/128 density. The camera's default S-Cinetone color look offers the same soft, vivid tone as with Sony's VENICE camera.
And with the latest firmware update, the camera can record HD at up to 180 fps and output 16-bit raw 4K/2K footage up to 180 fps. In addition to its wide dynamic range, its enhanced color and light features include a dual base ISO of 800/4000 with a maximum ISO up to 102,400, which is helpful when in low-light situations or using a slower lens. Other improvements with the latest firmware include user-created 3D LUTs, improved AF, audio improvements, USB tethering, T-value metadata, password enhancements, and an S35 2K imager scan mode.
The FX9 includes an integrated Multi-Interface (MI) shoe and comes with a BP-U35 battery, BC-U1A battery charger, AC adapter with two power cords, body cap, viewfinder, eyepiece, remote control, and USB cable. The PXW-FX9 is also compatible with the separately available XDCA-FX9 extension unit, which provides ENG shoulder-style support, networking features, and a slot for an optional wireless audio receiver.
Firmware Version 2.0
- The addition of DCI 4K video format when selecting FF 6K, FF crop 5K, or S35 4K Imager Scan modes
- Support for user-created 3D LUTs
- Raw video output via the optional XDCA-FX9 Extension Unit
- High dynamic range (HDR) support via the addition of hybrid log gamma (HLG) modes
- 150 and 180 fps options for Slow and Quick Motion when Imager Scan mode is set to FF 2K
- Expanded ISO/Gain range up to ISO 102,400 or 27 dB, respectively
- Improvements to AF functionality
- Support for changing some settings via the status screen
- 6G-SDI output up to 4K30p; audio function improvements
- USB tethering support
- Iris indicator now able to show T values with compatible lenses
- Password security enhancements
- Boost to image quality in S35 2K Imager Scan mode
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.