Sekonic L478DU Litemaster Pro Smart Light Meter
Equipped with a large and intuitive 2.7" color touchscreen LCD, the LiteMaster Pro L-478D-U Light Meter from Sekonic will make incident metering for ambient and flash light super simple. The major ability of this system enables complete control of the flash's power in 0.1-step increments.
Notable for the L-478 light meter series is the large color touchscreen, which allows for fast control over settings for both ambient and flash metering. The meter is quite capable as well, able to function within a range of -2 to 22.9 EV at ISO 100. Additionally, for the current crop of hybrid shooters this model expands on its standard stills functions with two distinct video modes: Cine and HD Cine. These settings give access to frame rate selection from 1-1,000 fps as well as shutter angle settings from 1-358° as well as ISO 850 for Canon cinema cameras.
Guaranteeing the best possible performance is a suite of functions and features that will ensure users have the best tools available to them. Among these is a flash analyzing function that uses ambient and flash simultaneously to allow for shooters to dial in their preferred mix. Also, using the included Data Transfer Software users will be able to do Exposure Profiling for their camera by using the optional 5° viewfinder, showing dynamic range limits and knowing that you will have an accurate exposure. Alongside this is a Filtration Compensation Mode that allows for the meter to account for filter factor, which can now be done at up to 12 EV for landscape shooters using high-density ND filters. Other features include a contrast function for comparing brightness, a memory mode for 8 readings, and illuminance or luminance measurement.
- Lumisphere receptor head rotates 90° right and 180° left and retracts for conversion to a flat diffuser
- Optional 5° viewfinder for spot metering
- Ambient light measuring modes include aperture priority, shutter speed priority, TF priority, CINE, HD Cine, illuminance, and luminance
- Flash can be measured with PC sync terminal connection or cordlessly
- Measuring range at ISO 100 of -2 to 22.9 EV with incident light or 3 to 19.9 EV with reflected light
- ISO range of 3 to 409,600 in 1/3 steps, including 850 for Canon cinema cameras
- Other functions: exposure profile, mid tone function, exposure compensation, filter compensation, multiple cumulative function, memory/clear/recall function, average function, contrast function, auto power off, touch panel lock
- Runs on 2 AAA batteries
- Firmware upgradeable via mini-USB port
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.