Sony SEL135F18GM FE 135mm f/1.8GM Lens, Ø82
Free Shipping & Returns: On all orders over $60
Sony SEL135F18GM FE 135mm F/1.8GM Lens, Ø82
- 135mm w/ F1.8 max aperture maintains exposure and depth of field
- G Master design for extraordinary sharpness and breathtaking bokeh
- XA, Super ED and ED elements achieve edge-to-edge high resolution
- 11-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh
- Four XD (extreme dynamic) linear motors: fast, quiet, precise focus
- XA (Extreme aspherical) element for high resolution and soft bokeh
- Super ED/ED (Extra-low dispersion) glass reduces flare and ghosting
Prized for its ability to isolate focus, the FE 135mm f/1.8 GM from Sony is a medium telephoto prime characterized by its bright and sophisticated design. The f/1.8 maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques. The advanced optical design incorporates two extra-low dispersion elements, including one Super ED element, to reduce chromatic aberrations and one XA (extreme aspherical) element, which significantly controls spherical aberrations for a high degree of image sharpness and clarity. Additionally, a Nano AR coating has been applied to limit ghosting and lens flare for increased contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
Complementing the optical assets, this lens is also notable for its inclusion of an 11-blade circular diaphragm to produce smooth, soft-edged bokeh with selective focus imagery. For controlling focus, an XD Linear Motor system is employed that is quick and quiet, and also lends more responsive control for manual focus operation. The lens also sports a dust- and moisture-sealed design to support shooting in inclement conditions and dedicated focus hold buttons, AF/MF switch, and manual aperture ring lend further control while shooting.